[Dailydrool] That nose!

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 06:07:20 PDT 2008

Marlene, I sympathise with you over Annie keeping hr nose to the floor.
  I have been taking Clara to agility for 12 weeks now and she has been doing so well the other owners have nicknamed her "Rocket".
  At the end of every six-week session we have a friendly competition.
  This time, I felt confident Clara would be in the top three - and of course hoped she would win.
  We do the combined time of two runs.
  The first round we went round really well until we got the jumps in the corner where the judges were sitting. She shot off the course and started rumaging through one of their jackets on the floor. I managed to get her back, with effort.
  The second round, her concentration was shot, all she wanted was to get back to the judges corner and the sandwiches in the judge's pocket.
  We came 5th :(
  And even though these people are really good, dedicated trainers, they train collies, poodles and spaniels - they don't understand how distracting that would be for a scent hound.

Sally, slave to Rolph and Clara, step slave to Tessie, Henry and Solomon ATB