[Dailydrool] Limping dog

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Sun Aug 3 08:35:22 PDT 2008

DH & I came home from a long day away (7 hours); Jill the Bagel had
been closed off in jail (the laundry room) with her favorite bathrobe
(mine) and a dish of clean water.  When we came back she refused to go
outside and limped into the main part of the house.  Nothing in the
laundry room was destroyed, chewed upon, re-arranged, etc.  After 3
hours of belly rubs she went outside for her nightly duty but only
because we carried her.  Today she went out but is still limping.  I
did a visual exam and checked every inch of her hip and leg with a
gently feel and the only reactionto stimuli was her right middle toe.
Today she allows me to touch it and move it around but she is still
limping. It is important to note that she limped slightly last weekend
after being left alone in the laundry room for 3 hours.  At the time
we laughed and said it was sympathy pain as I was still in a cast on
MY right leg. (LOL)  The next morning she was fine.  I think she is
too old at 7+ for pano.  Any suggestions?

Nadine Mysker