[Dailydrool] Jill the Bagel, DJ and Morse

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Sun Aug 3 09:16:41 PDT 2008

Sorry to hear Jill the Bagel is limping.  Have you checked between her toes, Nadine (top and underneath)?  I only mention it because Alfie has been limping because a grass seed got between his toes and got infected.  It really bothers him but thankfully has been getting better since he started taking antibiotics.  The vet advised us to keep a close eye on Basset paws as they are vulnerable to infection - it is warm and moist between those toes.

My duo aren't eating much either, Becky.  I was putting it down to the heat.  I guess all you can do is keep an eye on ol' Morse and see how he goes.

I saw DJs website.  Who ever neglected, nay abused that poor hound needs something equally horrible happening to them.  Heartbreaking to see.  A similarly emaciated hound was saved by UK Basset Welfare http://www.bassethoundwelfare.org.uk/bassethoundwelfare.htm .  Spratt recovered, so hopefully DJ will too.

Hilary, Alfie and Millie