[Dailydrool] Toe rings and Elvis update

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 17:30:18 PDT 2008

Thanks to you, all the toe rings I have ordered have new homes- they are all GONE- thank you for helping us raise moolah for rescue. In addition to the $ that went to Droopy, Tri state will get a nice chunk ! If I told you I was getting the order in about a week- those are here and are going out tomorrow. If I told you you had to wait a couple of weeks ( or about aug 8th) those will go out as soon as I receive them- they are all made to order so it takes time. If you need to know if your check arrived- please email me. If you think your ring should have been there already and it isn't- let me know.
Now for an Elvis update- he has been here since wednesday. No improvement yet with his legs- his tail does lift a bit when he has to 'go' so that is a good sign. His left leg appears to have more reflex than his right. On top of his back injury he had a cyst burst on his hip that has been there forever- and now also has an eye infection. Yesterday was the first day that he ate enough to make me feel that he is going to make it- I was going to force feed him if I had too- but am glad he is starting to eat. Cream cheese for meds, cottage cheese and mozzarella sticks are his food of choice. He has eaten some kibble mixed in with the cottage cheese and also a few pieces of chicken breast. Yesterday I think he had about a cup total of everything- not much- but way more than he has eaten in the last week. He is still on pred and also taking Tramadol and Methocarbamol as well as a bunch of homeo stuff aunty Sandy prescribed. Please keep him in your prayers and sling the drool- he is such a sweetheart- not one tiny grumble or grrr out of him through all this!
Ms.Brandy is not exactly enamored with our house guest- nor the time I need to care for him. She has been pouting and sleeping in the dining room, I do make sure to give her plenty of loving. She deigns to accept it most of the time.
It was funny yesterday at the store- I had baby wipes, Pedialyte, Desiting and Depends in my cart...cashier must have wondered if I had a daycare AND a nursing home LOL!
droolies to all in need from us as well- Elvis is producing lots- and it must be the good stuff as it's well medicated :) !
Angelika, Ms.Brandy and Elvis too.