[Dailydrool] whining basset in the car

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 21:44:35 PDT 2008

"Our senior guy, Dozer adores riding in the car but gets SO excited that he
whines for the whole time for short rides and for at least an hour on long
trips.? He is, however, a very vocal hound at all times; grunts, groans,
etc. while getting belly rubs or asking for one, LOL"

This sums up Cowboy to a tee. He goes crazy howling when leashes and collars
are attached and once were driving in the car he whines and goes to each
side back and forth. Windows must be half way down. He whine whine whines,
the whole way on short trips. Volume and intensity increase as we get really
close to our destination (generally the dog park). I take it as nervous
excitement because for the most part when we take the hounds somewhere it is
usually fun for them. I dont even think they mind the vets but we dont make
a habit of going so who knows. On long trips Cowboy is vocal for the first
1-2 hours before settling down.

Rupert remains pretty calm no matter what but he tends to get annoyed the
more Cowboy steps on him.
Both try to get up front periodically. It is rare that they succeed. :)

-Kacy