[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - I AM A FIVE STAR GENERAL!

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sun Aug 3 21:03:38 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

WOW!  We just got back from a BIG dog show and I had a GRRREEEAAATTT time!
The twin princesses, Carroll and Shelby, went with us to Canfield Ohio.  We
left early Wednesday morning - it took 1231 nickzillion naps to get there -
then Mom, Dad and Granny Pat set up our portable fences and big sunscreen
thingie - the princesses filled our water pails - the it RAINED & RAINED &
RAINED!   When it finally stopped, I was shocked - I needed a canoe to get
to my x-pen!  So the princesses took us for long walks instead - that was
waayy more fun anyway!

On Thursday morning, we went to the square ring (I'm still workin' on
figuring that out) and Mom and I played dog show.  The nice judge man petted
me and called me "handsome"  -- he told mom to take me on a walk around the
square ring - TWICE!  Then he gave me a blue ribbon!  In a little bit, he
told us to come back into the ring and walk in the big square with four
other dogs.  Then he gave me one of those purple ribbons Mom likes so much -
and I got a special prize!  I got my own personal cooler to take my water,
water bucket and ice to the ring - it even has a special pocket to keep my
liver in - Aunt Edna donated them as prizes!  So there I am, checkin' out my
cooler on my Red Bay towel - just kind of relaxing - and the judge man tells
us to take ANOTHER walk around the ring.  This time he gave me a HUGE
rosette (that's two ribbons with a flower thing on top) that says Best of
Winners!  Mom got REAL 'cited and kissed me and said I had won a FIVE POINT
MAJOR!  I was 'cited too - but wait!  If 3 points is a "major", then 4
points should be a "colonel" and 5 points should be a "five star general" --
that's what that Army guy on TV said was "rank"!  Did I get cheated??  Mom
says no - a five point "major" is as good as it gets!  Since I won, mom said
it was a "Red Bay Day" and I got to go in the golf cart with Mom and the
princesses to get ice cream for everybody - that's five Blizzards and 8
kiddie cups/no spoons!  I think it cost 32 nickzillion dollars - but I don't
care - it was good!

I got to walk around the square ring in four more shows this weekend.  I got
a blue ribbon each time, but no more purple ribbons and no more points.  Mom
says that it was okay --  even though she loves the purple ribbons.  I guess
I had to share the purple ribbons this weekend so other people could be
happy too!  By this morning, I was really getting tired - and I think my
legs are shorter from all that walking around and around and around and ..
well, you get the idea!   My legs turned to jelly while I was being stacked
on the ramp and my belly was draggin' in the wet grass!  But shhhh! - don't
tell the other guys this, but I got the most rides in the golf cart 'coz I
rode in it every morning AND Friday night to the square ring.  I LOVE the
golf cart rides - my ears flap in the wind --  but next year, I have to
remember to take my Doggles to protect my eyes from the wind!

I will tell you about some other dog show stuff tomorrow - I am going to bed
now - I am soooo tired ..zzzzzz.

Drools to ya!

Norm