[Dailydrool] Weekend Show Brags

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Mon Aug 4 14:08:47 PDT 2008

Hello to everyone. We are way behind reading the dailydrools but we'll catch up in the next few days. We've just arrived back home today from a big weekend of dog shows at Argus Ranch Dog Facility in Auburn, Wa. And what a weekend it was! There were two specialty shows put on by the Basset Hound Club of Greater Seattle and the Western Washington Hound Association show all at the same location.

At Friday's specialty show "Rocky" went Winners Dog from the Bred By Exhibitor class for a 4 point major under breeder/judge Melody Fair to finish his championship. "Rocky's" championship points include three 4 point majors. "Rocky" is "NORman" and "Toffee's" first champion from NORman's first litter. We are sooo excited! Hopefully, there are more championships to come from that litter. We plan to start showing Rocky's litter sister "Bobbie Sue" at shows the end of August in St. Helens, Oregon.

Saturday's specialty show was equally exciting for us. "Noelle" went Winners Bitch and Best of Winners also from the Bred By Exhibitor class for a 5 point major under judge Camille McArdle. This was Noelle's first major win. Noelle currently has a total of 7 points. Her sire, CH Showtime's Shock And Awe, aka. "Sarge" went Best In Specialty Show to make it a "family affair". "Sarge" won at all three shows. I heard one of his breeder's say that these wins make 31 specialty Best In Shows for "Sarge". Way to go "Sarge"!

On Sunday morning, bassets were scheduled at 9:30 a.m. for the Western Washington Hound Association show. Judge Bernadette Cox chose "Lacey" as her Winners Bitch from the Open class for a 5 point major. Also Lacey's first major.

We're still "flying high" here at Oakrydge Bassets. The long trip home sure seemed shorter this time. LOL! We are very proud of our "kids" and their BIG weekend at the dog shows. They really showed their heart's out for me this weekend. We had win photos taken of all of them. They won lots of goodies along with their ribbons and points. It's gonna take a while to get the van unloaded. LOL! We had a BLAST and enjoyed visiting with our friends, meeting and getting to know some new friends as well.

We are sending catch up drool to all and hope all the sick houndies are better and there are good things happening for all of you in drool land.

Jacqie Marvich and the "LowDownHounds"
       of Oakrydge Bassets

Celebrating our "big" winners:
New CH Oakrydge Sticks N' Stones -"Rocky" (Hey Mom, where's my steak and cheese?)
Oakrydge Storybook Vision In Lace -"Lacey" (I'd like mine medium rare with shrimp. MMmmmm.)
Oakrydge Rivndel Holiday Magic -"Noelle" (Make that three, Mom. Hurry up please.)