[Dailydrool] Rosie's big adventure - and a note about microchipping

Anita Sacrey agilitydawgz at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:04:07 PDT 2008

Rosie and her wannabe brothers and sisters and mom and dad have been living in a hotel the past three days because our air conditioner bit the dust.  While it's been a stressful time for the adults, the dogs have had a grand time, especially Rosie.  She thought all the guests at the hotel were there to see her and rub her belly.  She managed to charm the desk clerk into charging us for only two pets instead of four.  He said he couldn't imagine her making a mess in the room (little does he know).

Then, during the day time when the room was being cleaned, we packed up all the dogs and went to their grandma's house (my in-laws), where they were fed hamburgers, pork chops, mashed potatoes, and tator tots.  Grandma gave Rosie a bath today before we brought the dogs back home (she actually likes baths).

I see there's been a good discussion of microchipping while I've been away.  I'll tell you, it was very reassuring to me this weekend when we had to rush the dogs to the hotel, to know that they are microchipped.  You never know what kind of emergency you are going to have and when you might be separated from your pets.  One time when my hubby opened the hotel room door, our little doxie just shot right out the door into the parking lot, thinking he was going out the back door into the yard at home.  I had to run out in my nightgown and bare feet to get him, but I sure was glad to know that if he'd gotten lost he is microchipped.  You just never know, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

He also has an ID collar with our phone number, but someone would have to get close enough to read it and that would be difficult since he bites everyone except us.  :)

I'm going to rest under the a/c vent now and enjoy the new $1,800 air conditioner.

Anita