[Dailydrool] August 5th on the Daily Drool Calendar

DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 16:32:37 PDT 2008

Three years ago on August 5th Rosie came to live with me through the efforts of Bluegrass Basset Rescue.  It is humbling to consider how many people worked together to make it possible for Rosie to have her current life.  The animal shelter and humane society in Pikeville KY who collaborated with the local sheriff’s department to remove her from a cruel setting.  The judge who ruled that her original owner couldn’t have her or any of his other animals back.  Lab Rescue who contacted BBR to tell them some bassets were in need.  The volunteers who drove 6 hours each way to get her and the other bassets, and who drove home with the windows open because the smell was so bad.  The owner of the farm who took them all in, washed them, fed them, and started them on the road to recovery.  The vet who treated her mange and sores, spayed her so that she would never have another litter to be sold to a pet store, and gave her the first vaccinations ever.  John and Randee White and their childre
n, who welcomed Rosie to their foster home and took her to obedience school and introduced her to life with a family.  The trainer who temperament-tested all the dogs to advise BBR on who would best meet their needs.  The members of the Drool who prayed for her and sent contributions when the need was made known.

Did I forget to mention all the people who through the years contributed money, time, food, etc. to keep BBR functioning so that they would be there when Rosie needed them?  Really when you think about rescue, there is a network of caring hands encircling and undergirding each dog who finally escapes from their sad lives into the world we read about on the Drool, where every dog is loved and valued and cherished.

Rosie is asleep on the couch as I write this, snoring softly, cuddled up in her blankets.  I thank each of you who made this possible.

With immense gratitude,
Debbie (& Rosie, Chubby, Daisy & Zoe)