[Dailydrool] BonnieBasset flopping down on a walk

rebecca238 at verizon.net rebecca238 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 4 18:28:54 PDT 2008

Rebecca here checking in re: BonnieBasset's newest trick - she loves to go for a walk - or rather - start for a walk - on her short little legs - but a half block into her walk - she stops!! I bend down - put her rump and tell her - Come Little Girl - she wags her tail and takes another 10 steps. Sometimes I hoist her up with her harness and we actually get to cover a whole block before she does her stop routine. Tonight - she layed right down in the road! I reached down - lifted her rump off the ground - told her No! - now come along - and she did - only to repeat this several times on the way home! Whew! What an exhausting walk - When we saw kids and another dog on the way she perked right up and was as peppy as ever! She used to be such a good walker - I don't know what to think of these latest antics - any ideas? Is this what they mean when I hear "Flop Bottom"?!

And a side note: Yesterday she started digging a hole in the yard (we have had moles in the past) she never digs - so this was unusual - she'd stick her nose deep in the hole and snort - very funny. If there was a mole he must have dug deeper - but she was VERY intent - digging and snorting - almost blowing into the hole she had dug.

Other than that - she's a doll - and we couldn't love her more. What a neat addition she is to our family. We are looking forward to Woofstock next month.
BonnieBasset's slave mom - Rebecca :-)

Francis & Rebecca Keefe
93 Druid Hill Rd
Springfield, MA 01129