[Dailydrool] Congratulations and two questions

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 18:30:45 PDT 2008

Congratulations to all the recent dog show stars--Norm, Rocky, Noelle, Sarge, and Lacey. We're all so proud of you.
And two questions:
1. I have never done more than observe dog shows on television. What do the "points" to which everyone refers mean? Do certain types of wins garner more "points" than other kinds? And does one earn something like a championship or grand championship title when one accumulates a certain number of points? I'd love to know, and I suspect there are other Droolers out in bassetland who are also curious.
2. Second, how do I get rid of all the ?s that are all over my postings. I thought they had to do with double spaces, and if I was especially careful not to hit the spacer bar twice after every period the way I was trained to do about 100 years ago in typing classes, the ?s would disappear. But this doesn't seem to be working. Any other tricks? Val