[Dailydrool] Way OT ... I need help!

Marilyn Bickell mbickellhounds at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 19:31:18 PDT 2008

About 2 days ago, my son was traveling from Colorado to Arkansas. He had his
two cats with him. At some time during his trip the cats got out of his
truck. The last time he saw them was in Lindsborg Kansas. He is really
UPSET! His girlfriend is doubly upset!!
My son said the cats could be anywhere between Lindsborg Kansas, to Tulsa
Oklahoma.

In Wichita, my son took a frontage road that runs to the west, then took 35
south down to 412. He stopped twice on 412 to pay tolls. He said he stopped
at "lakes" after the toll booths, and that was when he noticed the cats
missing. He said if they jumped out while he was stopped they could only be
between Wichita and South Haven along state route 81. OR at the two toll
booths on 412.

The cats were in his truck when he stopped in Lindsborg. He saw them then
and little Cadence was talking to him. When he was in the store, just long
enough to "use the facilities," they might have gotten out there, but he
called the store and they said no cats were found or noticed walking around.

My son thinks the cats are probably somewhere between Wichita and South
Haven along route 81, OR they *might* have jumped out at one of the two toll
booths on 412.

If you can help me with this, what I need are *all* the names of Humane
Societies, and Animal Controls in those areas, but please email me
privately!! I will call them and notify them of what is going on. I just
feel that we need to do something even though it might be futile. Our son
would take care of that, but he's in the Police Academy in Arkansas and
cannot get away and pretty much doesn't know where to start. I thought here
would be a good place to get my feelers out.

One of his cats, the female Cadence, has been micro-chipped, and she is
wearing a slightly faded pink collar. Cadence is spayed. Gato, the male, is
not micro-chipped, but I think they will stay together; they're very
attached to each other and Cadence likes Gato a lot.
Cadence is very friendly, but Gato is a little standoffish but not mean at
all, just leery of strangers. They're both crate trained. Cadence goes right
in her crate, but Gato will "grrr" a little until he's in then he's fine.
Cadence is light grey almost all over with a little white. She's very
petite. She's about 1.5 years old.
Gato is dark all over, with a little white on his face and paws. Gato is
about 2.5 years old. Gato is neutered.
They're both UTD on vaccinations.
We have pictures of both cats!!!!

Thank you so much for any help you can give!!

Marilyn, Miko (Chasing lizards in Heaven), Bess, RoseyMae, and Beaver
Cleaver,
Fort Bragg, CA

"You have gone ahead and nothing is the same, leaving paw prints on my heart
that will always remain."- Tibetan Proverb from Prayers on the Wind.