[Dailydrool] Fur Free Meals & Dog Hair

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Tue Aug 5 09:08:21 PDT 2008

Just catching up on all drools I missed while I was away but I had to comment on "Fur Free meals". I've never thought about it before but that must be why restaurant food looks so different. They don't season with dog hair! No wonder I prefer to eat at home.

Basset hair and furbunnies are a way of life at our house with this many bassets and a weimaraner. (Yes, she sheds too.) What would I do if I didn't need to chase furbunnies and furminate the bassets? Clean house all day? I think not! The DH inspects the dishes when he takes them out of the cupboard because he's afraid he'll ingest some dog hair. I assure you that there isn't any dog hair in my cupboards or on my dishes. He refuses to use the sponge I wash the stainless steel dog dishes with too prewash a dish before it goes into the dishwasher. All dishes are run through the dishwasher with very HOT water and heavy duty detergent. DH was raised with outdoor dogs. IF they had a dog at all, it was chained in the back forty and when his mother got tired of the dog, she shot it. (GRRRRRR. Don't get me started.) Anyway he has a real phobia about dog hair. The bassets aren't allowed on the living room furniture (when he's home..... bwaaaaahaaa) but when he's on the road trucking.........well, let's just say, what he doesn't know won't hurt him. But then he's a neat freak anyway and I'm a clutter bug. I keep telling him that nobody's ever died of dog hair! I don't think he believes me.
Drool to all in need and some of that GOOD LUCK DROOL is on the way to CBL.

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets
Home of New CH Oakrydge Sticks N' Stones aka. "Rocky"