[Dailydrool] Crate question

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Tue Aug 5 13:19:15 PDT 2008

I never crate trained Jane, and the rest of our hounds came to us un-crate trained. But we do have two crates, for those rare moments when we need to confine a hound. Mostly one gets used in the van or at basset events. And we do have an ex-pen too.

When we got our first crate, Drew commented that it was the largest piece of furniture in our living room (at that point we had just a love seat, not a large couch). I bought a large size crate, so Jane would not be too cramped in it.

Now the question. How do those of you with multiple dogs fit multiple crates in your house? Do they take over the living room? Do you give a bedroom over to dog crates? Or do you just have a larger house than we do? Our 1700 square feet is full up with people furniture, three bassets, and two humans, along with about a half-dozen dog beds.

So I'm just curious. Where do the crates fit?
Pam, with Drew and the Dashing Bassets