[Dailydrool] Beauty From The Bridge / Her Toys Brought By Sandy Yesterday To The Rescue

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 13:52:24 PDT 2008

Beauty had a "Sweet Sixteen" Birthday Pawty thrown for her. I wanted to
write to you all on the DD about it  to tell of the hilarious Toshi with  her
antics or about the ancient dogs running and running in PLAY....etc...but  didn't
but   am writing now to tell you that and more, much more.  A storey of
kindness by a friend.

Our folks in Rescue here are wonderful too you know  like people  helping in
rescue all across this country. ...and if I were to write about every  storey
of kindness ..of flowers sent on a rough day, of being hijacked  to go out for
breakfast, of remedies and medicines and supplements give for the
Rescue...all I would do is WRITE and there would be no time left to even  trim up one
dogs toenail  or clean even one big droopyt ear! Gotta tell you  this one
though.

The pawty goers were Basset Hounds but Beauty who was on the "outside" a
reallly Big shiny black Newfy kinda girl  turned 16 year old. I was just  wishing
now that I had written about that pawty. It was a very  fun and lively Sweet
Sixteen Pawty with good friends, music, a great  meal,stories of Beautythen
and her early days. It was so sweet and a loving  wonderful thing to do to throw
an old dog a pawty.  It was a real pawty  with presents,music and all the
dogs had special dinners and homemade healthy  treets a fun day of play,
rejoicing, and celebration of a beloved Beauty  with her family. Well it is not too
late to tell you on the DD about it I  guess and to tell you of this:

Never was a dog so loved and taken care of in this wide world as  Beauty.
They rescued her from where she was made to live  24-7  chained to a tree outside
the family room sliding door. Sandy and Linda rescued  her from where she
lived on a chain in the backyard to living  with them HAppy Ever After...you
know...HER FAMILY in her Happy  Ever After home with Linda and Sandy.  She was
cared for and  loved and over the years saw the coming and then later the leaving
for the  Bridge of her Basset Rescues...who became her family. Of Fostering
and also  helping out friends.

Oh I hope Beauty was looking down from the Bridge when last night Sandy  came
out to the Rescue. Sandy brought out Beauty's toys to the Rescue. I'd run
out and gotten a pretty good bottle of champagne chilled we  ..Sandy decided we
needed to go and get something good to have with  that champagne ...and so we
took a quick trip into town and Sandy  treated us to a Kentucky Fried Chicken
Dinner.

As our impromptu dinner was put out on plates  y husbad and Sandy  poured out
the HUGE box of Beauty's toys and the then chilled champagne was  poured and
we watched the  mountain of the toys and  the Bassets attempt to sniff, squeek
and toss around EVERY ONEas fast  as fast as could be!...as fast as they
could! altogether there on the  living room floor.

It was good to eat and watch and laugh...and not be streaming tears  feeling
the sorrow remembering Beauty play. Tears came.. but wiped and blinked  away
and it was I know from sorrow but also from the joy, the  fun of not  wanting
to miss one bit of the fun the dogs all had.Seeing the silly antics of  the
dogs joyful with the mountain of toys trying to play with all the toys  ASAP!
Sniffing sniffing...nosing them around...lol We sat and enjoyed  seeing the dogs
play with Beauty's toys ...and stopped the  underquicktide  of tears...we
watched as the Rescue Dogs and our young dog too played and played  and played.
They tried first this toy and then that. They STOOD WITH THEIR  SHOLDERS DEEP
IN THE TOYS and look up  now and again absolutely  thrilled to pieces...by
Beauty's wonderful fun toys. They hardly knew which way  to turn they were so
thrilled.

Some people...some dogs come into our lives and our lives are forever
changed. Taking such a sad sad thing to do..to put away/give away a beloved dogs
play toys and turn it around and GIVE them to the Rescue!

 Beauty who loved so much to play, she had so many friends and  was so loved.
To take the toys out to the Rescue Bassets. What a loving thing to  do.
Turned around something totally sad and made it be of help and a  joyful thing.

Sandy and Linda's Beauty was very well named for she was  beautiful. We miss
her that she will not be here to see again. Just now I  opened an e mail
checking through each day I scan for a possible "Rescue"  and sometimes e mails
that do not seem Rescue...they get missed until another  day when there is time
enough to really read them and a kind person who  heard of Beauty's going to
the Bridge had asked our mailing address so that she  can send the Rescue a
check in Loving Memory for Beauty.  Imagine  that. People in rescue are pretty
wonderful and good times are to be had even  when you think that their just are
no minutes left in the day to HAVE a fun  time.

In rescue the effects of the ignorance, neglect, and cruelty are  experienced
not only by the Bassets but by all of as well in living with these  dogs day
by day. Here at the Daily Drool we can read about  the happy times for our
Rescued dogs...so I wanted to be sure and tell you to  add to the stories and
tell you about that Sweet 16 Birthday Pawty for  Beauty given by Linda Amato and
Sandy Gaston with a lot  of Beauty's Basset Furrends and then about this
time...a time of the  care, and giving and help. Out of such sadness...such a good
and fun thing to  have done.  Sandy Gaston brought out that Very Large box  of
Beauty's toys. So often the Rescue kids don't know how to play or ever  have
had a toy or a bone to chew. They must LEARN about how to be loved and  cared
for. Those toys will go a LONG way...and so will the unexpected time  of fun.
It was so fun and Beauty was watching from the Bridge with all the  beautiful
ones there I know.

Love and Woofin, Lexa owned by Hudson and Henry.
Basset Rescue of Puget Sound

Read reviews on AOL Autos.