[Dailydrool] Cooper and Nigel run away

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:45:04 PDT 2008

Bev wrote:  " I am sweating. I am crying. I am damn near hsyterical
myself. I was sure i would never catch Nigel, never, until he ran
under a car's wheels. Cooper I figured might come back, not Nigel, and
no one would get near him."

Bev - this was such a precise description of EXACTLY how I felt the
day, not long after we moved here, when Barney snuck out the front
door somehow and ran off.  We searched adn called; I was frantic,
because I knew he would NEVER come near another person to be caught,
so hs microchip would make no difference, and I also knew he wuld go
right out into any road he found....  Finally, I looked way down the
back fenceline of all our neighbors... and there he was, cowering
against the corner of our very own backyard fence.  He had somehow
found his way back to his siblings in their back yard.  But even then,
even as we, his people, came closer and called, all he did was look
more and more panicked.  Finally, when we were about 10 feet away, he
really realized it was US- I guess he could smell us by then- and oh!
the joy and relief on his face!  Thank God, his people had come to
save him from being lost!  He flung himself at us; oh, we were so
relieved.

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!