[Dailydrool] Poor Ozzie's Eye Again

Susan Stoker sue117 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 15:27:44 PDT 2008

So we went to see the Purdue eye doctors and Ozzie's eye was all better. Not swollen at all. So they did a complete work up of the OTHER eye and it was fine.
That was about 2 months ago.

Today we woke up and his eye was HUGE again. LIke baseball size. The Purdue vet couldn't see him, so we went to our vet. They put a needle in and this time said that it was full of pus and bacteria (last time it wasn't). So they consulted with the Purdue eye doc (they can't see him until at the soonest the 20th because they are backed up with surgeries) and they are going to do surgery tomorrow to look at it and most likely take out the spacer.

I guess that any foreign body can be rejected , but it seems really weird that it was FINE last night and this morning huge.

below are pics that I took tonight of poor Oz's eye....They aren't gross...just weird. (and you can see where they poked the needle in the top of his eye in the pics)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/sue117/DSCF1163.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/sue117/DSCF1164.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/sue117/DSCF1167.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/sue117/DSCF1162.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/sue117/DSCF1161.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/sue117/DSCF1159.jpg

And of course we were leaving in the morning to spend a weekend away...Pat will stay with Oz and take him to surgery and see what they say, I'll go ahead on the trip and Pat will join me on Friday with Ozzie (assuming all goes ok and he goes home Thurs night).

Susan Stoker and the tank Hounds
(And Duke the bloodhound and Rosie and poor Ozzie)