[Dailydrool] How long for sight adaptation?

Sally K. Russell sally at slokr.com
Thu Aug 7 05:30:37 PDT 2008

Browser  had to have the cells which produce fluid in his sightless eye destroyed yesterday by injection.  His right eye pressure is fine with the drops prescribed by our opthamology vet.  He still seems to be very unsure of himself and would rather lie on his mat than walk around.  It has only been five days since his acute glaucoma attack.  I know he will adapt but in others' experience is there an average timeline for this?  We are worried if he is experiencing depression as I know dogs can suffer from that for sure.

Thanks for any experiences you all have had with this and those who have already so generously sent e-mails.

Sally & Bert, Pixel & Browser (age 5)