[Dailydrool] Lure and reward for crate training...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 10:01:21 PDT 2008

 Have you an idea of what she absolutely, positively adores as far as treats go?? Usually, something which is incredibly smelly works best.? The trainer at obedience school where Daisy went - I said where she went. not where she graduated from, LOL - recommended tiny pieces of liverwurst for scent hounds.? Put some there, then pretend not to care if she goes in.? When she does praise her really excitedly and reward her with another treat or two.? It will eventually work.? Key is to use the treat as lure and reward.

Hope this helps.

Well I have tried to get Chloe to go in the crate but she is having  nothing
to do with it.  I tried putting in a dog biscuit and a fine piece  of cooked
meat.  She would not go in.  She acted like she wanted to  but then she would
shy away.  I do not want to force her.  Any ideas  on this??

?Sandi, mamaslave to The Boys and The Belles - Dozer, Dudley, Daisy and Delilah