[Dailydrool] August 7 calendar Bassets

Sherry Moore sherrymoore at cox.net
Thu Aug 7 11:55:04 PDT 2008

Today's calendar kids are my Lizzy and Mr. Darcy, aka Rivendell's Sun Kissed
and Ch. Rivendell-Sanlyn's Postage Due.

We picked today because tomorrow, August 8, is my second "new" birthday.
That is, it's been two years since my stem cell transplant (the updated
version of a bone marrow transplant).  Truly something to celebrate.

But enough about me.  Lizzy is too smart for my own good, and a perfect
example of why we call female dogs bitches.  She is manipulative, bossy,
demanding, extremely busy and the light of my life.  I flew from Memphis to
Portland OR to bring her home when she was 12 weeks old.  She drew the kind
of attention in the airport and on the planes that only a Basset puppy can.

Darcy is a lover, not a thinker.  (Both my babies are Harley kids, and those
who knew him remember his brainpower.)  Darcy is the consummate mama's boy.
Wherever I am, he is, too.  He is the sweetest boy on earth.  His grandma
Chris Wallen finished his championship, then he got to retire to our house.
We are doubly blessed.

Sherry in AZ
with Lizzy and Darcy, who want to know if having a calendar day means they
get extra cookies!