[Dailydrool] Watson's limping again:( Drool please....

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 12:12:06 PDT 2008

Hey everyone,
We just got back yesterday from Argentina - vacation was wonderful,
but it was great to get back to my baby. We got back around noon
yesterday and noticed that Watson was limping pretty severely. I asked
my family when he started to limp, and they said the day before
yesterday. However, my brother's girlfriend says that he's been
limping since this past Sunday when they got home from their vacation,
but that it's gotten worse in the last two days. Our pet-sitter didn't
notice any kind of limping before that. We think what happened is that
on Sunday when everyone got home, someone left the door to the
basement open, and Watson went downstairs to retrieve the much coveted
Eyore slippers in my brother's bedroom. We think maybe he pulled or
twisted his leg going down the stairs. He's obsessed with the stairs
so whenever someone leaves that door open for a second, he's down
those stairs in a flash. He bolts down the stairs super fast so maybe
that's how he hurt it.

So, Watson's on his way to the vet in about 15 minutes so we can see
if they can figure out what's wrong. He's favoring the same leg we had
the ACL surgery on 11 weeks ago. I am really worried that he's torn
the new ligament they gave him or has done something that is going to
require another surgery. Hopefully, he just overdid it, and all he
needs is rest, but this seems worse. He wasn't even limping like this
after his surgery! If anyone has any extra drool handy, we could
really use it around here. I hate to see him in pain like this, and I
hate to think that we may have to endure another 12 weeks of
post-surgery torture again plus that 3,000 dollar price tag.

Alright, well wish us luck we're off to the vet.
Katie and Watson (ouch momma fix my leg pwease I want to run!)