[Dailydrool] Chloe

Courtney Willard courtney_willard at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 08:53:48 PDT 2008

Kristi,

When we adopted our first basset hound, she was 11 months old and not housebroken. She was out of control. She didn't listen or respect either my husband or I at all. She peed and pooped in the house, she ate shoes, sunglasses, cell phones and whined for hours at a time in her crate. On the evening of day number three, I stood in my kitchen and cried wondering if I had done the right thing. Fast forward to now, and she is still bonkers and doesn't listen for the most part, but she is the love of my life (next to my husband, of course). With both our girls we reached a turning point where we knew that they wanted to please us and that there was respect. It took many months with Maggie and less than three weeks with Franny.

Having never had a puppy, I can't relate directly to your situation. I just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one who has experienced the feelings that you are feeling. I hope that whatever you decide, both you and Chloe are happy.  Best of luck!

Courtney Bishop
Momslave to Gilbert, Maggie and Franny