[Dailydrool] Basset story

JW firefly at citlink.net
Sun Aug 10 14:35:09 PDT 2008

I don't know if anyone remembers but the first of the year I put out a
request for some art work.  I am thinking now of actually trying to publish
the story myself and sell it for rescues (unfortunately I would have to keep
part of the money to reimburse me for publishing costs only) - mainly
Daphneyland since it is a main part of the story.  If any one, child or
adult would like to illustrate a part of the story, I will send you the part
and when I finish the "book" I will send you a finished copy.  The basis of
the story is of Mrs. Santa Claus who rescues basset hounds and when
Daphneyland (Dawn of the West) calls her to tell her they have a very
special hound for her she sends Santa down to pick him up.  He is really
special because of a certain thing.  His name is Rudy and he joins the eight
other hounds up in the North Pole.  One of the elves who works in the kennel
ends up training the houndies to pull a small sleigh which at the end of the
story ends up saving Christmas for all.  If anyone is interested in drawing
pictures - like Mrs. Claus on the phone, Santa holding up a basset hound,
Santa and his reindeer flying thru the sky in November, Santa in his sleigh
with a very sleepy hound, and a pack of hounds pulling Santa in his sleigh
ahrooing etc. etc. please let me know.  I will be happy to send story to
anyone wishing to help illustrate.  I can't pay for any illustrations since
I have a very limited income (I'm on disability) and it's gonna cost me an
arm and a leg to publish it so I will be willing to give illustrators credit
and a free copy.
Thanks to all and to all a good day!!!  :-)

Janis and the Havasu Hounds