[Dailydrool] Who let's your dogs out!

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Sun Aug 10 14:42:14 PDT 2008

We've lived on the same property now for over 20 years. Out in the country. Now we have it completely fenced with a gate across the driveway with a heavy chain and clasp/lock. We had more of a problem with loose dogs, neighbor kids and other critters coming onto our property but there were two incidents of "someone" letting some of my dogs out of their runs while I was away. On one occasion, my neighbor to the east saw them loose and put them back in my runs. Of course, he didn't know who went with who and I had a bitch in season who wanted in with an intact male so that's where he put her. You all can guess what the result was! An unplanned, never would have bred her to that dog littter of 9. After that happened I put padlocks on the gates of my dog runs and the building then posted no trespassing signs. Gates with padlocks on them and good secure fences are your best defense. I don't leave my dogs out loose in my yard unless I am right here to watch over them even with locks on my gates and a fully fenced property. To get to my kennel building, there are two full sets of fencing and padlocks on all the gates when I'm away for even a short time. If I'm going out of town, someone is staying here 24/7 to take care of things. Usually my brother and/or my husband. Otherwise, I don't go.

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets