[Dailydrool] Ohio Basset Rescue will have more buppies!

Deborah L Hartpence hartpence at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 10 17:04:33 PDT 2008

Our foster mom extraordinaire, Maribeth, has once again agreed to take on the challenge of a pregnant basset.  She named this one Crystal, and thought the puppies would be born any moment, but they have held off so far, which is probably good, give Crystal a chance to settle in to Walker's Prenatal Ward.  Maribeth's husband told her to name this one Snow White because it looks like there are at least 7 little dwarfs in there, so Maribeth took Crystal to the vet, and guess what?  Her name just may be Snow White before it's all over!  Vet saw 7, and said it should be another week or so.  Poor Crystal has no room in her stomach area at all, so Maribeth has to hand feed her bites of chicken breast every half hour or so,  just so she will get some nutrition. We sure hope for an easy delivery for Crystal (and Maribeth, as she is a nervous grandmother) and for no emergency problems to arise.
Anyone up for another buppy shower for OBR?