[Dailydrool] NKC Info

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sun Aug 10 17:38:05 PDT 2008

Hi!

I looked up some info on the NKC.  Here is the link.
http://www.nationalkennelclub.com/  It is a really hokey operation.  They
will register a dog without a pedigree based on their "inspector" or a vet
saying that it is a specific breed.  AKC does this for their recognized
breeds (like a basset hound) to compete in certain events, like Obedience
(maybe Rally or Field Trials too).  NKC allows them to compete in all of
their events.  There point system is VERY odd - and events are few.  Also,
check out their breed standards.  The basset hound description is partially
taken from BHCA but many of the other standards are three or four lines
long.  There are also "mixed breeds" (Beagle Harrier) that are recognized.
Essentially, it is pay your $18 and we will send you papers stating your dog
is registered.  Headquarters are in Blaine TN.

Keep me posted on the progress with Jake and his adjustment.  Also, the vet
visit.  Here is some hookworm info too.

http://www.beaglesunlimited.com/beaglehealth_canineintestinalworms.htm

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/Hookworm-health.htm

http://www.merrimackvet.com/Tips%20Handouts/Dogs/Hookworm%20infection.pdf

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_hookworms.html

I am SO glad you called today.  I really enjoyed our chat - even though we
both had unexpected guests.  It must be our charming personalities.

Sandi