[Dailydrool] Need Help in Bloomington IN

Steve Floyd sfloyd at node1internet.com
Sun Aug 10 19:38:03 PDT 2008

I saw an ad in the Bloomington paper last
Wednesday about a 4 yr old basset that is
needing a good home and went to take a look at
him. I will not go into the background of all
the why's but just what I found about the dog
and why I cannot take him.

- He is a 4yr old male
- He has not been to the vet since he was a
pup.
- His nails have not been cut and may have to
be cut by the vet or groomer
- He is underweight but looks like he would be
a big boy, big shoulders, wide head
- Has been kept outside in a 6ft kennel since
the family moved into town from an open 20
acres
- Tri Color, mainly black and white
- He liked being outside of that gate and
trotted through the yard when I had him on a
leash

Why I cannot take him

- Since that visit I just started a new job
where I am gone from 7am - 430pm
- I do not have a fenced yard
- I do not want to leave a dog that has always
been outside, in a crate for 8.5 hours while I
try to train him to be an inside dog and away
at work.
- He was very protective of his owner and
territory when I introduced my 4 yr old basset
male and wanted to attack my dog.

I feel this would be a really good dog for
someone that is looking for a basset where he
might be the only dog. He did not show any
aggressiveness to the kids at the house where
he lived. I have tried getting in contact with
local people that I know, which are few and
this forum was the only place I could think of
that could help.

The family knows they cannot take care of him
and its not fair to the dog to keep him in his
current situation. All they want for him is a
good home. Location is Bloomington IN, which is
50 miles south of Indianapolis IN. If anyone is
interested I will give you the point of contact
for this great basset that needs immediate
help.

Thanks
Steve