[Dailydrool] Not a puppy anymore...

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Mon Aug 11 08:47:32 PDT 2008

I guess it dawned on me the other day watching the interaction between
Diva, who will be 3 in September, and Sophie, who just turned 1, that my
Diva isn't a puppy anymore!!  After reading the recent posts about
realizing that your little baby is growing up and isn't a puppy anymore,
I realized that I wasn't just imagining it...she is becoming more
"mature".  She's become somewhat of a stuck-up snotty Diva who would
rather sit in the sun looking regal and posed than roll around in the
grass and play.  I still catch her horseplaying with Sophie sometimes,
and she's got energy to burn, but something about her is just...well,
different.  She's growing up!  Personally, I find the overzealous,
devil-may-care attitude and the amazement and intense curiosity that
puppies display to be an absolute delight to watch.  Sophie tosses her
bone up in the air and runs after it, picks up her food bowl and carries
it around with her, rolls around on her back and makes the goofiest
noises and generally just acts like a goofball!!  ...but she still eats
my shoes and pees on the carpet.  I guess you just gotta realize that
there are many wonderful things about puppy-hood, but it's also nice
when your little friend grows up a bit.  You have to enjoy each and
every phase of their lives, fully and completely, while they are in
them, because soon, they will be on to the next phase and then the next,
and today will be but a fond memory.  (But still...it's not always easy
to admit your baby isn't a puppy anymore, is it????)   sniff sniff

Jessica Sutton

Momma to Diva the Mature and Sophie the Goofball!!!!