[Dailydrool] Pills

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Tue Aug 12 06:50:50 PDT 2008

Our Belvedere has spit out pills covered in cheese, tasty meats, peanut butter, and probably a few more things designed by humans to make him take pills nontraumatically. Nothing seemed to work.

Then I bought a can of dog food and wrapped the pill in a lump of food. With my delicate little fingers I molded it around the pill and offered it to him, and voila! He ate it.

I think he likes to see mom messing up her fingers with the dog food. It's his payback for having to eat those awful pills. But we no longer have trouble giving him pills.

It's all just a basset thing. Once they know they're controlling you, not the other way around, the pill thing becomes a nonissue.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets