[Dailydrool] Louie's Surgery

Susan Nickle snickle717 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 10:51:22 PDT 2008

Louie had his surgery this morning and the vet called just after noon to say he had come through just fine.  He said he felt the mass was a cyst that suddenly developed a lot of inflammation around it and could very well be benign.  He will send it out to be checked to be sure and we'll get the results in a few days.  It could still turn out to be malignant, but at least I have some reason to be optimistic right now.  That sure feels good!

I am scheduled to pick Louie up at 4pm today.  He has a tendency to develop stress colitis after surgery, so the vet gave him something to help minimize that.  He did that the last time he had surgery and it helped some, but there was still some pooping every few hours throughout the first night, but not too severe.  So I'll probably spend the night with Louie in the family room so we won't wake my husband up everytime I have to let Louie out.  At least one of us will get a good night's sleep!

Thanks to all who have sent drool and good wishes.  I will post when we get the biopsy results back.

BTW, I've noticed some unwanted question marks on my posts the last few days as well as on a couple of posts from other droolers.  If there is anything I can do on my end to eliminate those annoying question marks, please let me know.

Sue