[Dailydrool] Pills

Ellen R Cole ellen at carlson4travel.com
Wed Aug 13 07:51:26 PDT 2008

Our Abigail (ATB) was on Program for flea control. On a monthly basis, I geared myself up for Battle Royale. Abigail watched me as I extracted her pill from it's packaging only to immediately developed lock jaw. I'd beg and plead and offer treats...which she'd eat quickly before locking up again. I was completely unable to pry her mouth open. I'd hide the pill in any number of favorite foods...and she'd eat around it and "patooey" the pill. Finally, one month I said to my nephew (who was maybe 14-15 at the time), "Will you please see if you can get the pill down Abigail? You'll probably have to get her mouth open and stick it way back in her throat and then hold her muzzle until she swallows it". He said, "Sure! But I think it's easier to do it my way..." I watched in stunned amazement as he walked up to Abby and held out the pill to her saying, "Here Abby". Abigail took the pill from his hand and ate it.

What the heck? Ellen & Miss Magnolia & Gracie Lou FlatBasset & Oliver & Abigail (ATB...You should have seen Mommy's face!)