[Dailydrool] pills

Georgie and Miss Becky sauble at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 13 08:55:30 PDT 2008

Their nose and memory are so good it's unbelievable.  I tried the thin ham bit
and she caught onto that - then tried pill pockets - worked for awhile then back
to ham. But she smells one pill so quickly I,  out of sheer desperation and thinking
you are not going to win this battle. resort to getting behind her.
Prying open the jaws and dropping pills  in back of mouth. Then quickly shutting
the jaws and holding them till the tongue comes out licking her mouth. Then
release the jaws and it usually works. When Dazey had addisons the vet would
give me heck for not giving her pills but I would find them spit out in corners of
room. She hid them like Miss Becky and her mice - in those deep jowl pockets.
Hope it helps. Drippy mouse in Miss B's mouth - I could see it moving in her jowls.
IT got out.
Georgie and Miss Becky