[Dailydrool] Were back from Vacation

Kristin Mielke kristin.mielke063 at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 13 19:49:37 PDT 2008

The slaves are back...Hushy will be back form the Doggie Spa tomorrow
morning.  I have had reports...he has been given a bath (God bless the soul
who attempted this activity) and has made many furends...including a Rottie
and a Belgian Shep dog.
This is the longest we have ever left him.  I called from Manhattan on
Sunday night.  To be more precise Soho.  The traffic was loud so I walked
down a side street into a lovely park.  Husband followed me.  As I was
talking to the pet butler on the phone Husband started talking,,,I quickly
tuned him out which resulted in allot of gesturing on his part and
pointing....I continued my conversation "Is he eating ..yes, Is he
sleeping...yes, is he having fun...ahhh he made new friends....you gave him
a BATH.....are you okay, is he okay ......ahah....okay I'll call you
tommorrow"
I hand phone back to Husband....he says very calmly"Those are the biggest
rats I have ever seen" and yes about 3 feet behind me there was the biggest
rats I have ever seen. I didn't care Hushy was fine.  For the record, New
York is beautiful and vibrant, and fun, and very safe,,,so don't hesitate if
you are thinking of going.

A Few Notes and observations after catching up on drool....

Central Park is possibly the nicest park for walking your pooch..it was
beautiful.
There are allot of dogs in Manhattan.
I love Petco, everything is so much less and they seem to have everything.
I bought Hushy many little gifties..the guilt was overpowering.
Rebecca...KK is ugly. People think it is not such a big deal ...but it can
be.  Hushy got KK as a puppy, he got a lower chest infection, which caused
him to get an upset stomach from the fever.  This resulted in him vomiting
and becuse he had a very sore throat, or just because he panicked he inhaled
the vomit.  This was a real emergencey.  He could have died.  It required
intavenous antibiotics and round the clock care for 3 weeks.  KK is ugly and
scary, and a major pain in the butt. IMHO it really needs closer attention
than most prople give it, and I wish more could be done to educate people
and protect their pets.  It is a major pain in the rump.  I wish Humphrey
all the best, and send you some healing drool.
Hushy loves laundry...in particular freshly laundered socks.  He also
demands that his doggie throne, the royal pillow be laundered every week.
Refusal results in said throne being draged accross the room and then
abandoned until washed.
Hushy will give a kiss on request ....Slave says give me a kiss...Hushy then
looks you deep in the eyes then snooters very gently on the cheek.  He is
very cute.  I taught him this trick one afternoon in order to annoy my
sister-in-law who cannot get her kids all under 5 to give Grand'ma a
kiss......she was not happy when Hushy performed on cue and Grand'ma
proceeded to tell him what a smart doggie he was. HEHEHEHEE...

Thats all for now

Hushy and Kris