[Dailydrool] molting?

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Aug 14 05:00:05 PDT 2008

Yup... welcome to "blowing the coat" ... not all bassets do it... but when
they do.. its unmistakable ... or its hotspots, mange, or any other skin
issue   O:-)

if you don't see any red inflammation under, and if Sammy isn't going nuts
back there or where ever the hair is coming off.. then yup.. he most likely
just blowing his coat.

you can get a shedding tool / blade  (I think its CrazyBassetLady sells them
in a kit for rescue) or try the Furminator (there's another rescue that I
think was selling the 2 inch / medium one, can't recall who).

I got my furminator before I found out the one rescue was selling them ...
it is truly surprising how much hair they have... you take and take and take
some more.. but still look back and the hound is still covered.... :)

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] molting?

Sammy is shedding, which he has never done before...at least like this.  He
is losing chunks of hair.  They are in the general hinder/tail area.  Is
this common for them to be losing chunks of hair at a time?