[Dailydrool] Peticure (sorta) results

Dan Hickey dhickey at m-audio.com
Thu Aug 14 22:07:25 PDT 2008

I have used a Dremel 800 Lion cordless for years to do nails. I noticed
Peticure sold an attachment for the Dremel that provided all of the
standalone functionality of their grinder.

So I coughed up the bucks and bought the attachment. I cannot report on
battery life or power of the Peticure grinder models. I used the Dremel
with the Peticure attachment. Last night was my first use.

Pros
It is very safe for the dog.
It is clean (nail dust is captured).
It is much faster.
It allows me to keep the nails shorter than I would otherwise.
It doesn't require the skill or attention needed for the Dremel.

Cons
You still have to support the toe you are working on to prevent annoying
(to the dog) vibration.
It does not sculpt the nail very well. I thought the shape was ugly.
It does not round the edges of the cut very well. There are still sharp
edges.

So until I perfect my technique I will use the Peticure to get the nails
short and then remove the device and use the bare Dremmel to get the
shape that I want.

Dan Hickey