[Dailydrool] Food Allergies

Bryan Schaper bryanschaper at comcast.net
Thu Aug 14 22:07:53 PDT 2008

My 8 yr. old Shiloh (I've had him for three months) has been diagnosed with
food allergies.  They didn't specifically tell me to what foods he is
allergic.  I just started him on Purina HA (Hypo-Allergenic) for the next
two months.  I was wondering if there is a commercial hypo-allergenic dog
food I can continue feeding him that doesn't need to be bought at the vet's
office and doesn't cost $54 for an 18 lb. bag.  He seems to like it (or
maybe he's just starving  :-).  I am also considering switching him to the
raw diet but don't feel educated enough on it.

Also, thanks for all the advice I received for my people-phobic basset
Bellatrix.  She's slowly coming around and is starting to stand her ground
when strangers approach the house (rather than hiding under my desk).