[Dailydrool] Master Gardener Lowretta

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Fri Aug 15 07:38:03 PDT 2008

Okay.  As I have mentioned previously, it has been eight blissful years since we've had a buppy.  Then comes Lowretta, the sweetest, cutest, most lovable snooter you could ever know.  Learns fast.  Not a chewer.  Pretty laid back (for a buppy).

Then Lowretta turned one the end of July.  Company came.  All was well.   But there has been a big change since the "crowd" went home.  Lowretta, now going on two, has officially entered her "terrible two's".  She is into everything.  She demands lots of time and attention.  She pesters poor Stanley (the last buppy eight and a half years ago) to death.  She is constantly having to be corrected, restrained or detained.  She is just short of a holy terror.

    This morning I was harvesting some vegetables from my small garden.  She has never even seemed interested in what I do over there.  But not today.  She was going to be mama's helper.  She stole tomatoes out of my bucket and ruined them.  I had to almost be mean to her to keep her out of the jalepeno peppers.  When I finally thought I had some peace and she was gone, I hear her growling and find her pawing and biting at an eggplant.  By the time "we" were through in the garden, she was totally exhausted and flopped in the zinnias to nap.  Which is just where I left her.

    And to think I was sad that my buppy was growing up.  Joke's on me.  Now I can't wait until she's a senior hound!!!!!

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)