[Dailydrool] OEBE Committee

Jan Marchlewski jan3luski at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 16 06:23:46 PDT 2008

Dear OEBE Committee:

  My name is Willow.  Since I have not heard back about my application, I wanted to bring you up to date on my activities so far this month.

  I've chewed up a few shoes - I don't know what auntie is complaining about since I left the other shoe for her.  Why it is important to have two shoes of the same is a mystery to this basset.  I don't know why but the left shoe is always tastier than the right ones.

  I have been practicing my climbing so I may reach new heights like my mom's dresser or the counter or the hall table where auntie puts her books.

  If I have to say so for myself, I am very good at counter-surfing.  No food is off-limits, no table or counter too high.  I don't care if it's chicken, beef, dog food, a glass of milk or a red bell pepper.  If I can reach it, I feel it's my basset duty to take it.  I'm not above trying to steal food out of the oven.  On Easter, when auntie was taking the ham out of the oven, I tried to steal a piece of it.  When we have barbeque, I usually like to run between auntie with the plate of meat and the grill.  The way I figure it... if I can trip her, the meat is mine all mine.  I'm not sharing with my four-legged cousins or my four-legged sister.  I tried to steal a hotdog off the grill but it was too hot.  I didn't want to burn my furry face.  But later I took a hotdog from the table!

  In the evenings, I like to bring in snacks from the yard to gross out my momma.  I don't understand why the sight of a poopicle in the family room makes my momma upset.  I usually run from momma with my yard snack in my mouth.  Catch me if you can momma.  Unfortunately, auntie is not grossed out and takes it away from me (bad auntie).

  Lately, I have been making myself busy chewing on plastic bottles.  You know the ones the humans drink their water from.  Anywhoo, I usually play with the empty ones.  I got to thinking this morning why should I wait for an empty one.  I'm a big girl - I turned one in June - I can get it myself.  So this morning, I climbed on momma's dresser and took her water bottle.  I was nice and removed the plastic top thingy.  I don't understand why momma got so upset when she got out of the bathroom... I only had the plastic bottle.  I left the water for her - all over her bed.  I thought momma might like a waterbed.  Since momma was yelling at me, I took my bottle into my auntie's bedroom.  I went to give it a good squeeze (I love the crinkle sound they make).  When I was squeezing it, it flew out of my mouth and hit auntie in the side of the head.  Oh boy, it's a good thing I dumped out the water.

  Well that brings me up-to-date so far for the month of August.  I got things to do so I gotta scoot along (I'll do it on the rug).

  WILLOW