[Dailydrool] Update on Lukie

Annmarie Phillips apzz3vette at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 16 06:40:35 PDT 2008

Hi Droolers-

Words can't express how we feel about the great outpouring of concern, love,
and Drool that the Droolers have sent our way after Lukie's accident.  Wow!
And I do have to share, IT WORKED!  He will be coming home today!

Yesterday morning we moved him from the Emergency Clinic to the local Vet
that specializes in Orthopedics.  After most of the heavy duty narcotics
wore off they sedated him and did more X-rays,  good thing.  His first set
was inconclusive and left a lot to be desired when making a complete
diagnosis.  The second set clearly showed the breaks, they were clean breaks
rather than the compound, so the bones were not moved, so they will just
meld back together without deformity.

Great news yesterday and today, Lukie was standing in his crate.  The Vet
staff has not had need to take him out to pee because he still has a
catheter.  But they were so impressed with him standing yesterday, they were
as excited as I was about his prognosis.  Thank you again Droolers.

I have always felt the good Lord listens to his innocents and their Drool
really helped!

Hubby will be picking up Lukie at 1:30 today and I am going to work early so
I can be home when they get there to help him out.  I can't tell you all how
much I appreciate you all, I haven't been posting an awful lot this year
because I have been  a working fool, and when I did, I had problems getting
my posts on, but now I can post again.  Thank you all again!

Thank you all again!

Annmarie