[Dailydrool] Our new foster girl

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 16 08:18:02 PDT 2008

We just got a new foster girl, keeping the numbers here steady at 10 (Bella Andrea got adopted last week.)  This poor thing--Ginger--is 6 yrs old, her spine protrudes and hips stick out, and she has tapeworms, a burst cyst, is in heat, and is so heavily loaded with heartworms that the positive line came up before the control line did on the snap test.  I have never seen ticks as large as the ones I pulled off her, either.  She's been an outside dog her whole life and came to the shelter with a 4 mo old bassedor that she gave birth to.  She was excrutiatingly sad Thursday when I went to see her at the shelter--especially so when I had to leave without taking her with me (I was at work and just ran down there.)  So, I picked her up early Friday morning.  She LOVES being in my daughters' bedroom!  I found her tucked up next to Juliana last night when I went to bed :)

We can't spay her or get that cyst removed until she can withstand anesthesia, so she starts HW treatment Monday.  Please sling some drool that this sweet girl heals and finds a home.

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 6
Murphy, Jeremiah, Twinkie, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Nellie (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB), Sapper and the fosters Liam, Justice, Danica, Poppi and Ginger
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!