[Dailydrool] Food Allergies and shedding

Mary Tipping MTipping at cblh.com
Sat Aug 16 08:26:45 PDT 2008

I feed Leo Natural Balance Fish and Potato and his shedding has decreased substantially.  Tons of hair would come off him even just stroking him, it was horrible.  He also had had a persistent ear infection for many months and went through an aggressive treatment prescribed from the vet.  However, after the treatment ended the infection returned.  Exasperated, I then tried the Blue Power treatment and now his ears are sweet smelling:)  At this time I surmised that almost certainly Leo's ear problem was food related.  I didn't even begin a process of elimination, I just dispensed with grain entirely and since I have read that lamb can cause allergic reaction (though Harley and Biggs eat Lamb/Chicken Rice formula and are fine), I opted for the fish and potato.  (The Natual Balance Fish and Potato is about $12 for a 5 lb. bag but now that I know he does well on it I can purchase the huge bag--spare no expense for the boys!).  Perhaps it was a combination of the new food and Blue Power, but within days of feeding Leo the new food, his shedding was markedly decreased and his ears are now fine.

Mary, Harley, Biggs and Leo (I'm feelin' the pow-ah!)