[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - N & O Woodworkers

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sat Aug 16 16:33:23 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

Now that we are rested up from our dog shows, we have been enjoying the
perfect weather here in southeast Michigan.  Opie & I love to spend most of
the day in our big back yard.  We watch the birds - we've learned that there
is no sense in chasing them - they cheat and fly away.  Now, the squirrels
are more fun!  We like to chase them - and they try to trick us and jump
from tree to tree - but we are on to that game.  And besides, we get Johnny
and Hoagie to help us - so we can cover four trees at a time.  Hoagie is the
best squirrel hunter and he is teaching me all of the tricks.

But Opie and I have started a new business.  We are developing excellent
woodworking skills.  We started out whittling sticks in the yard.  We got
pretty good at that and turned most of the sticks into mulch for Dad.  Then
we had a rain storm and we got to work with bigger pieces of wood - some of
them were BIG LOGS.  Grady tried to teach us how to build a log cabin like
he and Nick did, but we aren't really builders - we like the custom
woodworking better.  Then I found something that definitely needed some
safety modifications.  Our picnic tables and benches had sharp, square
corners!  Now, I was worried that one of the three little kids might get
hurt if they ran into one of those sharp corners, so Opie & I decided to
work on them.  Every day we get right to work first thing in the morning -
gnaw, gnaw gnaw!  We now have nicely rounded corners on one bench - just
three more benches to go.  This would be a lot easier if Dad would share his
power tools!

If you need any custom woodworking, just let me know -

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny and Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys