[Dailydrool] Cesar Milan Move

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Mon Aug 18 10:32:41 PDT 2008

Anne writes about Inspector  "---so much so that he starts ahroo'ing the instant either of my parents
leaves the kitchen after breakfast and heads for their bedroom to change into  "walkies clothes." "
Bosley does this, too. And I have tried everything to break him of the habit. Usually, I have to
get the spray bottle filled with water and wave it at him. Once in awhile, he gets squirted.
This morning, the windows were open and Bos was being loud, and he wasn't very intimidated
by the spray bottle. I happened to have watched back to back episodes of the Dog Whisperer this
weekend (amazing rehabilitation of a pit bull). I decided to try the "roll them on their back with
hand on the neck move" that Cesar makes look so easy to show the Bos-man who's in charge. With much determination and being very stern, I reach down, roll him over with my hand firmly on his neck and loudly say "Quiet !".  He immediately rolls all the way over, waves his stubby little legs in the air, and wants a belly rub. I don't think this particular move is very basset effective.

Marilyn Briggs