[Dailydrool] Rosie's big weekend

Anita Sacrey agilitydawgz at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 13:04:44 PDT 2008

Rosie competed in a teacup agility trial this weekend.  This is for dogs who measure 17 inches and under at the withers, although I believe Rosie is more of a coffee mug than a teacup.  Well, she cleaned the floor this weekend.  She brought home three first place ribbons, one second and one third, plus a new title.  In some of those first place runs she beat shelties and papillons.  I guess she ate her Wheeties this weekend.  She really had fun.  A lot of people approached me, surprised to see a basset doing agility.  One person had just adopted a rescue basset with a similar body type as Rosie, and she said they were going to start the basset in agility now that they saw Rosie run and how much fun Rosie was having.  During one of her (not first place) runs, she left the ring to visit the stewards sitting at the sidelines (they might have treats) but missed visiting the judge.  He commented after her run that he was insulted she missed him, so I had to take her back over to him for a visit.  :)

Anita & Rosie the agile basset