[Dailydrool] Lowretta's having eyelid surgery

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Tue Aug 19 09:39:27 PDT 2008

Lowretta is having lower eyelid surgery today.  Just wondered if anyone else had experience with this.  Seems the lower lid curls in too much on the outer side and irritates her eye, causing it to water a lot and even get some gunk in it from time to time.   The way the vetman explained it to me, it sort of like a little nip and tuck type of surgery.  He said breeds such as Rottweilers are more prone to this type of eye problem, but it's not unusual at all to see it in almost any breed.

    So I left Lowretta with them this morning.  Found out the vetman had an emergency and so her surgery is postponed until late morning or early afternoon.  Poor baby.  Fortunately for Lowretta, she is very loved by the vetman and his staff.  They never have even put her in a cage.  She stays in vetman's office until he comes in to do the surgery, and then goes back in there when he's done in order for the anesthesia to wear off and mama to pick her up.  Sometimes it's great living in a small town.

    Let me know if anyone has had this type of surgery and if the results are good.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)