[Dailydrool] Barfing Dog In Car

Karen Muchmore bassets4me at netzero.net
Tue Aug 19 10:53:55 PDT 2008

Greetings to my fellow droolers.  We have come out from lurking to pose a question.  In an attempt to keep this basset related, Miss Samantha Jean (atb) found a new friend right before she passed.  Her new friend Corey is having some real difficulties with motion sickness when traveling in the car. Corey is just a puppy (less than six months old).

>From the bridge she has suggested Benadryl or Ginger Snaps.  She also suggested fun trips in the car to the park, not just trips to the vet.  She also suggested the "Barf and Go" plastic mat for the back.  I do not know if Corey rides in the car in a crate or just in the back seat.

We also suggested a really, really, long trip.  We had two "vomiters" (Kota and Samantha) and after taking them on a cross-country trip they were cured.

Samantha's suggestions do not seem to be working.  I know there are many of you out there who have experienced this problem.  Can any of you offer advice on how Corey can learn to enjoy his car rides?

Thanks in advance.

Karen, Quela (atb), Kota and Samantha (atb)
Loveland, CO