[Dailydrool] Amputated Leg?

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 16:45:18 PDT 2008

When I took Lilie to the Vet yesterday, a woman with 2 Bassets was there,
too.  No, she isn't a Drooler because she doesn't care for her computer and
email, but she did go to the Michigan Waddle a few times.

Anyway...one of the dogs has such severe arthritis in the shoulder that it
was suggested that the best remedy would be to amputate the leg (front
right).

What success have you had with dogs who had 3 legs?  It was interesting
because at the time Jill's son was there with his dog who only has three
legs and does very well.  You never know when this will come up and I'd be
interested to know the stories that you have and how the hounds are
adapting.

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil the Noisy