[Dailydrool] amputated basset

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Aug 20 11:08:53 PDT 2008

I have known a basset, named Homer.  He is ATB now, but he lived with a deformed front right leg, which he did not use for walking.  His leg looked more like a chicken wing,  bent up towards his shoulder from the elbow.
I realize he grew up like this and had to learn to deal without a front leg from the beginning, but he did do just fine and lived a fairly long time.  The doctor did think his heart was probably larger from the exertion of having to compensate.  He passed away from heart failure.

wen
www.seniorhoundsabound.org