[Dailydrool] Stomach issues as always, need advice

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:08:16 PDT 2008

I swear it seems like my boys have more gastro issues than anyone else but I
thought we had things under control.  We had both boys on Natural Balance
Fish and Potatoe for months, they both puked regularly, about once a week.
They also were not consistent about eating, often leading to the puking due
to an empty stomach.

We switched them to the Kirkland Signature lamb forumla (I know, some of you
don't agree it's a good option, but I had to change and it seemed to me
worth trying). We've been using it about a month now and both boys eat much
more consistently and love it when I soak the food in water before serving.
We have not had any puking spells and the grass eating has subsided also.
Occasionally they get a mix in with their food, whether its cream chesse,
cheddar, raw meat, etc. They are now eager to eat almost always since the
food change.

Yesterday Rupert didn't eat breakfast. He ate a couple "strawberry tops"
when I was making a smoothie. He didn't want dinner but managed to get a
couple bites down. He puked several times throughout last night, basically
just bile, some grass and the food that he did actually eat at dinner. Today
he is rather lathargic, and doesnt want to eat. He wont eat boiled chicken
or drink pedialyte James bought for him. Cowboy is fine, and rather
energetic. The only thing Rupert has eaten in the past 24 hours, different
from CB is the strawberry tops.

I assume he just has an upset tummy from something - he was a stray so who
knows what he's eaten in the past and how his tummy can handle things. I
know when I feel sick I am lathargic and dont feel like eating. I am hoping
that is the case here. Just wondering though if I should be more concerned?
Any advice on getting him to eat? Should we syringe the pedialyte into his
mouth to get some electrolytes in him? I'm at work so I am only going off of
what James tells me, but he generally worries less than me so it concerns me
when he calls me 4x at work with concerns about Ru.

Please email me offlist with any suggestions or advice. A tidbit of drool
couldn't hurt either. THANKS!!!!
Kacy with a rowdy Cowboy and a sick Ru