[Dailydrool] Basseets sleeping arrangements

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:20:40 PDT 2008

When I first went and met Joey, I was told that at their house, he wasn't
allowed on the furniture, but he came with a HUGE dog bed (2 of them can
comfortably fit in it, but Checkers dug a hole through it last time I was
washing the cover!) and that he liked his dog bed, but at his previous
family he had some bed privoledges. The first night I had him, he went to
his bed and curled up quietly... 'til about 2 am, when I had a then about 75
lb. basset jump up and land on my tummy. Talk about a rude awakening! Then,
I started giving him a treat filled kong in his bed (I felt so bad for him
one night, as it took well over an hr. to get the treat out that I was going
to take it out and just give it to him; that was the first and only time he
actually growled at me!!) again, 2 am, land on my tummy. After about a week,
I simply gave up! He still does nap in his bed sometimes, as does Checkers
our bagel, but he now has his own pillow and blanket, and sleeps on my futon
with me at night. Plus, he often wakes me up so I can lift up the covers for
his highness to waddle under them and flop. I don't get the hounds and
burroughing thing, but it looks like he's not the only one.
Mom commented a few times, that he must really stretch out in his sleep, as
he appears to be the same height as me, and I'm 5'5", and he's no where near
that during the day; it's like they are those slinky/spring dogs, and at
night they just expand to fill all available area!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Waddling for Rescue: http://www.firstgiving.com/kueckerhounds

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473